Yeezy slides are the result of the iconic collaboration between Kanye West and Adidas. Even though the two have now ended their partnership, the slides are still very much in. They were designed to keep athletes’ feet safe while walking around the lockers. Then quickly became sneakerheads’ best buddy. And if you’ve got your own, you surely want to keep them clean after spending a good penny on them. So, here’s a full guide on to clean Yeezy slides.
What You Need To Clean Your Slides
Getting your Yeezy slides as clean as they were in the box is fairly easy. You just need the following supplies to clean your Yeezy slides:
- A soft bristle toothbrush
- Bowl of warm (but not boiling hot) water
- Dish soap or non-harmful liquid detergent
- Clean Towel
How To Clean Your Yeezy Slides
- Get all the supplies ready (bowl of warm water, soft toothbrush, mild detergent, and clean towel)
- Pour the detergent into the bowl and mix until it’s fully dissolved.
- Dip your toothbrush into the cleaning solution and gently scrub your Yeezy slides.
- Repeat until you’ve targeted all dirty areas and eliminated all debris.
- Rinse your slides to remove any soap residue.
- Pat your slides dry with a clean towel and let them air-dry away from direct sunlight.
If there are any hard stains left:
- Dip a clean cloth into the solution and blot the stain.
- Let the solution sit for 5 to 10 minutes for it to completely dissolve the stain.
- Rinse and pat dry with the towel and let it air dry.
Make sure you don’t use any harsh chemicals as they can damage them. And, if you’re wondering if you can use bleach to clean your Yeezy slides the answer is a straight no because it would cause discoloration.
Can You Put Yeezy Slides in The Washing Machine?
That’s a big no-no. If anyone is answering your how to clean your Yeezy slides question by telling you to put them in the washer, run.
The water will infiltrate the slides and stretch out the material. And the matter is much worse if you use the hot setting as it would ruin the slides beyond repair.
Some suggest that if you’re in a hurry and you’re determined to use the washer, place the slides in a garment bag and put them in your washer using the cold setting. That’s however not recommended. These slides fall into the delicate category so you should treat them as such.
FAQs on How to Clean Your Yeezy Slides
Now that you know how to clean your Yeezy slides, let’s answer some of the most frequently asked questions regarding this topic.
How Often Should I Clean Them?
This solely depends on how often you wear your slides and how dirty they get. If you wear your slides inside the house, they’ll probably not get as dirty as if you wear them outside. In general, consider cleaning them every few wears because the longer you leave the stains, the harder it will be to get them off.
Can I Use A Hairdryer to Dry My Yeezy Slides After Cleaning?
No. The heat can damage the material and cause the slides to lose shape. It’s better to air dry them away from direct sunlight and heat.
Can I Use Magic Eraser to Clean Yeezy Slides?
Magic Eraser is a cleaning product specifically designed to remove dirt and stains without harsh chemicals. It’s made of a foam material that scrubs away dirt when dampened in water.
Many have used a magic eraser to clean their slides but it isn’t recommended. These erasers are rough and can damage the material.
How Can I Prevent My Slides From Getting Dirty?
If you don’t want to clean your Yeezy slides frequently, you should consider not getting them too dirty. Avoid wearing them in muddy environments and keep them away from excess water. You can also use a protective spray to avoid getting dirt and stains stuck.