One of the best types of investment you could consider is usually real estate. BUT, what if we told you that you could also invest in crypto real estate – aka, NFT land? Non-fungible tokens representing virtual land in the Metaverse. And, in all honesty, there’s a SHIT-TON of cryptocurrency to make in the digital landscape.
So, here’s the thing, when you hear about Metaverse platforms like Decentraland and The Sandbox, they’re ACTUAL virtual land. These platforms offer the opportunity to buy millions of dollars worth of crypto plots and ownable areas of digital land. These are the types of NFTs that truly convey the actual feel of the digital world and crypto assets. People can use their NFT land to host virtual experiences, display content, and even gain benefits in NFT gaming. One of the reasons why so many BIG celebrities and brands like Snoop Dogg and Adidas are investing in plots.
However, there are a lot of things to consider before buying NFT land. And, there are a lot of different projects offering these services as well. Therefore, there’s a lot to know. But, it all starts with understanding NFTs in general. If you aren’t already caught up, we advise you to check out our FREE hub for NFT knowledge. Click on the button below to check it out!
NFT LAND & REAL ESTATE
So, there are many NFT projects like CryptoPunks and Bored Ape Yacht Club that sell for MILLIONS of dollars. However, another part of the industry includes NFT land – when Web 3.0 and the Metaverse come together. Although the term sound self-explanatory, there’s a lot more to these plots than meets the eye. Plus, there are lots of things to consider before becoming a land owner yourself! Here’s what you should know:
WHAT IS NFT LAND?
NFT land is pieces of virtual land in a Metaverse platform that you purchase in the land sale or secondary marketplaces. In these spaces, you can interact with other people through a digital avatar, build on it, or host events.
Virtual plots can be 2D pixelated environments or they can be abstract 3D box spaces. Or, if it’s on a higher level, it could be a rich 3D virtual environment. It can include everything from virtual oceans, to mountains, and more. But, of course, not all NFT land is made equal in value! The value of a plot depends on its utility, project, market value, and more. It all depends on:
1. The Location: One of the most important qualities of NFT land value is the location. For example, Fashion Street Estate in Decentraland is at the center of the fashion district. It sold for $2.4 million worth of cryptocurrency in November of 2021. The location of this plot definitely drove up its value!
2. Land Size: Also, another thing you should know about NFT land value is the land size! Naturally, the bigger the plot, the higher the price. This is because, when you buy a plot you can build your own entire experience. So, the larger the plot, the bigger the experience, and the higher the price – like the Snoopverse in the Sandbox!
3. Safety & Security: And then, there’s the factor of NFT security and safety. When you invest in NFT land, you have to make sure that the non-fungible wallet of your choice is super secure. Needless to say, these plots definitely hold a hell lot more value than your other tokens. So, make sure it’s nice and secure!
4. The Metaverse Platform: Finally, the last thing you should consider before investing in NFT land is the Metaverse platform. Of course, just like NFT marketplaces, not all platforms are the same. So, before you buy parcels of land, you have to check a few things, including:
– The network effects
– Project team, roadmaps, and tokenomics
– Number of crypto wallet addresses engaged
– Number of transactions happening in the platform
TOP 3 NFT LAND PROJECTS
So, the NFT land project you choose depends on the price, the Metaverse, and the general hype. And, for someone just starting out in the virtual real estate game, it could be overwhelming. The entire NFT market has changed a lot in the past year with the Metaverse taking over. Every platform works in different ways in how they allow you to purchase land. Here are the top 3 options to check out:
– A play-to-earn in-game (P2E)
– Focuses on the industry of horseracing
– Their own DAO with 50 million units of $SLK token
– It is built on 202,500 acres of NFT land distributed into 450 x 450-acre grids
– Users need to purchase at least 10 acres of land before building their own horse farms
– An exclusive community of NFT land and real estate
– NFT holders get access to different project-related giveaways
– NFT holders of the collection gain access to the REIC Metaverse – MetaHQ
– Ethereum-based Metaverse
– Very similar to Decentraland
– Users can buy, sell, and trade land
– Offers a play-to-earn virtual reality
– Allows users to create their own animated 3D objects
– Includes celebrity endorsements like Snoop Dogg and Deadmau5
– A limited supply of 166,464 NFT LAND distributed into 96×96 parcels