So, this feels like a “Phil of the Future” experience, and we’re all here for it! We’ve finally reached a point where the retail industry and non-fungible tokens can come together. The most perfect virtual retail shopping experience is finally here with the Roblox Walmart Land!
On September 26th, 2022, Walmart announced the launch of TWO new immersive experiences in the Metaverse platform, Roblox. These two spaces are called Walmart Land and Walmart’s Universe of Play. And, they both offer interactive and entertaining content for their customers and create the best virtual shopping experience! Walmart is one of the most essential cornerstones of the retail industry. But, the Roblox Walmart Land is more on the NFT turf!
Therefore, if you want to be a part of this crypto, virtual fantasy; you have to have some basic knowledge. Like the 101s of the non-fungible world! Luckily for you, we actually have the legit beginner’s NFT manual – just what you need! Click on the button below to check it out!
WHAT IS ROBLOX WALMART LAND?
So, the Roblox Walmart Land is basically virtual land in the Metaverse that features some of Walmart’s product lines. This includes store brand Great Value, cruelty-free makeup brand Lottie London, and Rob’s Backstage Popcorn.
The land features a Walmart blimp that drops toys, music festivals, different games, and stores of virtual merchandise. These are things that customers can find in Walmart stores or on their website! Also, the Roblox Walmart Land will feature tons of immersive experiences like a Ferris wheel with an aerial view of the world! Plus, you could earn unlockable tokens and badges through different games and competitions in the land. These experiences include:
- Electric Island: Roblox Walmart Land’s own music festival experience with an interactive piano walkway, dance challenges, Netflix trivia, and an interactive DJ booth.
- House of Style: this is basically a virtual dressing room where you can engage in a strike-a-pose challenge, a gigantic cosmetics obstacle course, and a roller-skating rink!
- Electric Fest: this is a motion-capture concert celebration in the Roblox Walmart land featuring actual performances. It will feature artists like Madison Beer, Kane Brown, and YUNGBLUD!
So, the users can use their avatars to explore and play games in this virtual world to earn coins. Then, they can use these coins to buy the virtual merch – aka, “verch”. Walmart’s chief U.S. marketing officer, William White said in a statement:
“We’re focusing on creating new and innovative experiences that excite them, something we’re already doing in the communities where they live, and now, the virtual worlds where they play.”
Roblox Walmart’s Universe of Play
In addition to the Roblox Walmart Land, the experience will also feature the Universe of Play. Users of the Roblox community can explore different toy worlds and earn coins for the “verch”. Or, they can also take part in completing the different challenges and earn personal trophies, unlock codes, and more! This Walmart virtual experience includes:
- Immersive Games: Obviously, will PLAY in this world. There are five new games featuring products and characters from L.O.L. Surprise!, Jurassic World, Paw Patrol, Magic Mixies, and Razor Scooters.
- Sought-After Rewards: Users can collect as many virtual toys as they can to redeem for avatar verch. And, just like in the Roblox Walmart Land, the blimp will regularly drop toys too!
- Virtual Adventures: Finally, the universe will also feature e-mobility items to travel throughout the universe. And, there will be Sharper Image drone to help them through their journey!
The Future of Retail & the Metaverse
So, is the Roblox Walmart Land the beginning of a huge shift for the retail industry? It is obvious that this shopping experience targets Gen Z shoppers and creates a community. You should also know that Walmart does not make money from this immersive experience FOR NOW. However, they could still benefit from it in the future by charging brands for being featured! Or, maybe create a real-world store experience or online purchases!
Do we expect all retail giants to join the virtual space? Maybe not! However, it is definitely a powerful marketing move and an awesome way to ride the wave! The Metaverse is constantly growing, and it is just a matter of time before we all join in! Even in the sneaker industry, brands like Nike already know what it’s about!
We’ll have to wait and see! Keep it locked on our blog and Instagram @aiobot for the latest news & updates!