Skip to main content

6 Best Sneaker Consignment Stores You Should Know About!

By July 14, 2023October 21st, 2023Sneaker Tutorial, Sneakers

AIO Bot - Best Sneaker Consignment StoresSneaker collecting is one thing. But sneaker flipping is a world on its own. It starts with learning how to cop sneakers for retail on release day and ends with reselling them either on resale platforms or in consignment stores. Resale platforms, such as StockX. And sneaker consignment stores? Well, we’re here to know all about those. So, let’s find out what consignment stores are and discover the best ones. 

So basically, sneaker consignment stores are your way to kick-start your sneaker resell journey. However, if you prefer getting work done through the virtual world, we’ve got you covered! Click here to learn all about selling sneakers online.

How Do Sneaker Consignment Stores Work?

Sneaker consignment stores are places where you can sell sneakers from your epic sneaker collection. Sure, you can definitely go for different resale platforms, but these types of stores offer another form of resale.

– You choose the sneakers that you wanna sell down to the closest consignment store
– OR online stores and have them appraised
– Your sneakers go through a legit check before the store prices them
– They check the quality of the sneakers, insoles, outsoles, and how clean they are!

Sneaker consignment stores are where you can sell your deadstock sneakers for the price that the store sets with a split. This means that the store gets around 15% – 25% of the price of the sneaker. But, here’s the catch. They only ever pay you WHEN someone buys the kicks, not when you hand them in. Therefore, you could possibly wait a few days, weeks, or even months before you receive your payment.

But First… How Do You Buy Sneakers At Retail?

You see, you can’t exactly start a shoe reselling business when you’ve got no sneakers on your hands to begin with. And buying kicks off reselling platforms to later sell them in sneaker consignment stores doesn’t exactly make sense, you know? 

So, what are your options when it comes to copping sneakers for retail? Well, you’ve got copping manually, using a FREE sneaker bot, or using one of the best and most affordable sneaker bots on the market. Now if you want us to be honest with you, we say skip the first two and move on to the third option. 

Because running a sneaker way is the best way to increase your chances of copping sneakers at retail, and your ONLY option when it comes to copping IN BULK. So, click here to check the best sneaker bots in 2023. And if you want a complete CHEAT SHEET on how to cop sneakers for retail on release day, click on the red button below! 

Where to Get On Board!

#1 Soled Out Inventory – JERSEY

Sneaker Consignment Stores - Soled Out Inventory Soled Out, based in Jersey City, is one of the best sneaker consignment stores in the city that can help you sell your sneakers. All you have to do is email them your list of sneakers for them to set a price.

The sneaker has to be on consignment for around 30 days with all the paperwork, and then you’ll wait for the call! When someone buys your sneaker, you can pick up the money or wait until people buy the rest! You’ll get 85% of the price, while they get to keep the other 15% as commission!

Sold Out Split: 85 – 15

#2 Stadium Goods – SOHO & CHICAGO

Best Consignment Stores - Stadium GoodsStadium Goods is another great online (or in-store) sneaker consignment store with great hype! Which BTW was acquired by Farfetch back in 2020 in one of the biggest news of that year. But, we don’t have to tell you about SG! They’ve got a super simple process to it too! 

All you have to do is sign up, list your sneakers, deliver them to SG, wait for them to sell, then cash in! They take 20% of the total price of the sneaker when appraised. Which leaves you an easy 80% without doing any work! 

Stadium Goods Split: 80 – 20

#3 Sole Supremacy – NEWARK

Sneaker Consignment Stores - Sole SupremacyTo sell your shoes to Sole Supremacy, you gotta email them with the sneaker details and get a quote. Of course, the shoe has to be inspected first for condition and authenticity – preferably with the original sneaker box!

Sole Supremacy Split: 0 – Direct Cash

#4 Flight Club – NY, LA, & MIAMI

Fight Club - Consignment StoreSelling with sneaker consignment stores like Flight Club is one of the easiest ways to sell your sneakers! You’ve got a lot of options when it comes to locations and even online! The location of the store also helps them sell out faster since they’re located in the middle of the sneaker city! You’ve got stores in New York, Los Angeles, and Miami. PLUS, online stores!

You gotta register as a reseller, submit your shoes, and receive a verification for authenticity. After that, they do all the work by adding them to their channels like flightclub.com and GOAT!

Flight Club Split: 9.5% Plus a $5 Seller Fee + 2.9% cash-out fee

#5 Urban Necessities LA & NYC 

Urban Necessities - AIO BotRelatively new to the reselling game, Urban Necessities is another sneaker consignment store that joined the scene in 2014. It launched in LA, then recently branched out to NYC. From sneakers and apparel to accessories, UN offers a wide variety of brands

The first thing you need to do is register at the store. But note that you have to wait until they start a new sneaker processing round. They usually take 20% of the sale price or $45 as a consignment fee. It depends on which one is greater. You also have to keep in mind that there are additional cleaning and storage fees, which could be more than $15. 

Urban Necessities Split: 20% or $45 + $15+ cleaning and storage fees

#6 RIF LA

RIF LA - AIO BotNow we’ve got RIF LA to end the best sneaker consignment stores list on a high note. RIF LA first launched in 2006, in Los Angeles California. RIF aims to offer a unique shopping experience to customers who seek rare sneakers AND apparel. This consignment store is known for serving celebrity clientele. 

They usually take 15% of the sake value. But if it’s used, their percentage increase to 20%. And as a seller, you don’t get paid until the store sells your sneakers. Also, if they don’t get sold, they give them back to you. 

RIF LA Split: 85 – 15 or 80 – 20