So, the much-awaited FIFA World Cup has finally kicked off on Sunday, November 20th! We started with 32 teams competing in Qatar wearing all their national colors proudly. But, what really caught our attention is not their jerseys! But, their kicks – the World Cup shoes!
At the time of writing, we have five teams eliminated from the tournament: Iran, Wales, Ecuador, Canada, and the host nation’s team, Qatar. However, for our search for World Cup shoes, we will be taking them all into consideration. The real winner in this game is the sneaker brands, not the teams! This year’s tournament definitely upped their sneaker game with FIRE kicks! 🔥
Therefore, let’s just dive right into the groups of the FIFA World Cup shoes featuring this year’s tournament! Find out what your favorite team is wearing so YOU can wear it too!
FIFA WORLD CUP SHOES ‘22
As a sneaker brand, having a team wear your shoes is a huge deal! Even bigger if that team happens to be one of the finalists. OR, even wins the world cup! Therefore, you can already expect the titans of the sneaker industry – Adidas and Nike – to be a part of it. Both brands have faced a lot of challenges and controversies this year.
- It started kinda started with Ye expressing his true feelings about Yeezy Day.
- After that, it pretty much went downhill with the Adilette 22 slides, the Adifom Q, and then rumors of Kanye leaving Adidas.
- BUT, the real bomb drop was when Adidas terminated its partnership with Kanye, not the other way around!
- And finally announcing that they will be selling Yeezy-LESS Yeezys!
And, as for Nike:
- The ripple effect of Ye leaving Adidas caught up to The Swoosh! On November 5th, almost a week after Ye’s thing, Nike announced that they are suspending Kyrie Irving… FOR THE SAME REASON – aka, the anti-semitism comments.
- Backlash over the latest outburst of moldy Air Jordan 1s
- They’ve also got a lot of ongoing legal battles
So, they could both definitely use a win! And, the World Cup Shoes might just be their saviors! Here’s a full rundown of the teams with the sneaker brands they’re wearing. Let’s toss in our votes on which brand will win the cup!
WORLD CUP SHOES & TEAMS
The final brand for the World Cup Shoes include:
– New Balance for Costa Rica
– KAPPA for Tunisia
– Hummel for Denmark
– Iranian Company Majid for Iran
– One All Sports for Cameroon
– And, marathon for Ecuador
So, this means that out of all the FIFA World Cup Shoes Brands, Nike dominates almost 41% of the teams! This leaves Adidas almost 22% – nearly half the percentage of Nike! However, there still remain some exceptions where players might wear some things differently. But, it is a predominantly Swoosh environment for now!
One of the coolest moments highlighting the World Cup shoes has to be Gregg Berhalter’s custom Air Jordans! The USMNT coach wore a custom pair of Tiempo Air Jordan 1 sneakers. A pair that is apparently redesigned by “The Shoe Surgeon”! Gregg has definitely made himself a fan base of sneakerheads trying to spot his kicks – especially his exclusive Nike sneakers!
Also, another honorable mention for the World Cup shoes is Lionel Messi’s golden sneakers – the X Speedportal Leyenda. Pretty legendary, as the name says!